Ghanaian Afropop and Afrobeat singer, Wendy Addo, known by the mononym Wendy Shay has been sacked as an Ambassador of Youth Employment Agency (YEA), MyNewsGh.com has confirmed.
The singer made several headlines last week during a visit to Former President John Agyekum Kufuor by Ambassadors of the organization to solicit his support for a project.
An image of the singer and the former president went viral on social media attracting wild criticisms from a section of the public in view of the gaze of Mr Kufuor who was seated close.
Subsequently, a release from the YEA announcing who their ambassadors were had Wendy Shay’s name conspicuously missing.
The statement reads in part “Below are a list of Ambassadors currently engaged by the Agency:
1. Kwabena Anokye Adisi, Journalist/ CEO, EIB Group / Start-Up consultant
2. Bryan Amoateng, Pastor, Author, Life Coach, Entrepreneur, Founder, International Youth Empowerment Summit (IYES), President, Bryan Jones Outreach,
3. Jackie Appiah, Award-winning actress, Entrepreneur
4. Bibi Bright, Actress, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian
5. Emelia Brobbey, Actress, Trained Teacher and Journalist
6. Rebecca Donkor, CEO MakeUp Ghana, Start-Up Consultant, Founder/CEO Healthcare Management
Also, we have prominent people in society ranging from top-ranking public officials, Members of Parliament, Business Executives, Chiefs, Religious leaders etc who have endorsed our initiatives and have indicated their readiness and availability to act as advisors to the projects the Agency embark on.
Notable among these prominent individuals are:
1. Dr Kwabena Donkor, Former Minister for Power and MP for Pru East Constituency.
2. Catherine Abelema Afeku, Minister and Member of Parliament and an astute Marketer.
3. Nana Osei Bonsu, President of Private Enterprises Federation (PEF Ghana).
4. Mr Seth Twum Akwaboah, President of the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI).
These dignified individuals, as well as a host of others including CEOs in the Banking and Telecommunication Sector, are all ready and available to lend their support to the Agency when called upon.
It is unclear if the sack of the musician was linked to her conduct at the home of the former President but sources at the YEA confided in this portal they are monitoring her to ascertain if she is indeed prepared to serve the purpose of the organization