Connect with us

The father of an eight-month-old rape victim allegedly chopped off both hands of the 17-year-old accused in Punjab’s Bathinda district, India on Tuesday, April 19.

Parminder Singh had allegedly raped the man’s 7-month-old daughter in April 2014 and was arrested and arraigned in court.

The victim’s father and the accused, who were neighbours, met in court for the hearing yesterday and after that, the victim’s father reportedly asked Parminder to reach a compromise and accompany him on his motorcycle to the village.

When they reached near Jhumba village, he allegedly tied the teenager to a tree and attacked him with a sharp-edged weapon. Besides inflicting injuries on his head and other parts of his body, the man chopped off both his hands, said police.


Some villagers rushed Parminder to the Bathinda civil hospital, where his condition was stated to be critical. Dr Ajay Gupta, who treated the victim, said both his hands were chopped off and cops brought the limbs later.

“He (the father) took him near a dried up canal, beat him up badly and then tied him to a tree and finall hacked his hands off. There is nothing below the wrists now,” Swapan Sharma, a police officer of Bathinda, told AFP by telephone.

“Locals alerted the police and we rushed to the spot. We picked him up, his hands, and took him to the hospital,” Sharma added.

According to Indian Express, the mother of the baby had allegedly found the accused molesting her child in April 2014. Police registered a rape case and the teen was sent to a juvenile remedial home pending trial.

The police said a case of attempted murder has been registered against the victim’s father, a brick kiln labourer, who fled after the incident.

Source :


I am an Article writer,Promoter Publicist & Dj. I love listening to music & playing of Games.I have high sense of humor

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply


BREAKING NEWS: BoG takes over Unibank



The Bank of Ghana has announced it has taken over the management of private bank, Unibank.

The Governor of the central bank explained at a press conference, the takeover is due to challenges facing the bank. He mentioned weak supervisory standards and weak operations as the cause of the challenges.

Ernest Addison said the bank, adjudged the 6thbest performing company in Ghana at the Ghana Club 100 awards in 2017, provided inaccurate data during the central bank’s effort to resolve the problems last year.

He assured depositors their money is safe, stressing “we are not liquidating the bank, we are saving it.”

The take-over comes weeks after Unibank announced it was taking over adb.
The top management of Unibank are Dr. Kwabena Duffuor II who is Chief Executive Officer, Ekow Nyarko Dadzie-Dennis Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director Owusu-Ansah Awere, Executive Clifford Duke Mettle, Director of Risk Management Kwesi Nkrumah Pimpah.

Photo: CEO Kwabena Duffour II was awarded the most enterprising young executive award in 2017.
The bank’s company secretary is Sylvia Assimeng-Archer, Executive Head of Treasury and Global Trade John Collins Arthur, Executive Head of Corporate Banking Elsie Dansoa Kyereh and Executive Head of Innovations and Business Execution Florence Ohene.

This executive management are expected to give way to new control, KPMG appointed by the central bank.

The bank was founded in 1997 by Kwabena Duffour who later became Finance minister under the Mills administration.
But after 20 years of private management, Kwabena Duffour who is a former Governor of the Bank of Ghana loses control of unibank to his former employers.

Continue Reading

Most Popular