The Brazil superstar is keen to recruit the Black Star to the MLS outfit
According to reports in Italy, Kaka is hoping to convince Kevin-Prince Boateng to move to Orlando City Soccer Club.
Gianluca Di Marzio has revealed that the Brazil superstar has personally called KPB to try and convince him to swap Schalke 04 for Major League Soccer.
The Ghana midfielder will take no convincing to turn his back on the Gelsenkirchen club; he was indefinitely suspended by the club’s sporting director after a poor defeat away at FC Koln, and it’s hard to imagine him having a future at the Veltins-Arena.
The box-to-box star has one year left on his contract, but despite the apparently irreparable differences between him and the Schalke hierarchy, the club appear unwilling to let him leave on a free transfer.
Boateng will need to sit out the final year of his deal at the German club, unless a club come forward to offer the Royal Blues a fee for the former Tottenham Hotspur man.
However, whether Kaka—who, like the Ghanaian, featured for AC Milan—could tempt him to the United States remains to be seen.
The Brazil international moved to MLS in 2014, and made his debut for the new Orlando franchise in January 2015, having spent six months on loan at Sao Paulo.
Boateng has been linked with a move to the States—with New York Red Bulls and New York City FC reportedly interested in his signature—although any suitors may face competition from Europe.
Milan have been linked to his signature, while the player’s agent has also said that Galatasaray are keen on his client.
10 times Micheal Essien made the headlines for the right reasons
Ghanaian midfielder Micheal Essien is one of the most famous footballers to ever come from the African continent.
Essien has been a journeyman in football and his name will go down as one of the finest midfielders to play the game.
The midfielder who last played for Indonesian side Persib Bandung has made global news for both wrong and right reasons in the past.
Seems his good side overrides any bad side of his illustrious career as he is one of the most decorated African Footballers.
Here are 10 times Micheal Essien made global headlines for the right reasons
1. Essien signs for Chelsea
Essien signed for English Premier League side Chelsea for a £24.4 million transfer fee and, at the time of his signing, was the most expensive African footballer in history.
2. Essien wins Chelsea Goal of the Season award
He won the Chelsea Goal of the Season award in the 2006–07 season after scoring a stunning late equaliser at home against Arsenal on 10 December 2006 in a Premier League game.
Essien is BBC African Best player of 2006
He won the 2006 BBC African footballer of the year award.
Essien excels in 2006 World Cup
- He played superbly for the Black Stars and helped Ghana become the only African team to reach the second round of the 2006 World Cup.
Essien nominated 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year
- On 10 October 2007, Essien was nominated for the prestigious 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year Award for the third consecutive year and on 21 October 2007, he was also nominated for the 2007 Ballon d’Or Award for the third consecutive year.
He was voted 15th Best Player in the World at the 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year Awards.
Essien is Chelsea Fans’ best player for 2007
- On 15 May 2007, Chelsea fans voted Essien as Chelsea Player of the Year for his contributions in the 2006–07 season, becoming the first African to receive the honour.
Essien is nominated for 2007 CAF best player
- On 12 December 2007, he was nominated for the 2007 African Footballer of the Year, the third consecutive time he had been nominated. He was runner-up to that year’s winner, Frédéric Kanouté.
Essien scores stunning goal against Barcelona
- On 6 May 2009, Essien scored a stunning left-footed volley in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona, a tie that Chelsea ultimately lost due to the away goal rule.
The goal was later voted as Chelsea’s Goal of the Season by the club’s fans.
Essien joins Real Madrid
- On 31 August 2012, Essien signed a season-long loan deal with Real Madrid, reuniting him with his former manager at Chelsea, José Mourinho.
At his introductory press conference with Real Madrid, Mourinho affectionally referred to Essien as “his son” while Essien referred to Mourinho as his “Daddy”.
Essien moves to Milan
- Essien signed for Italian club Milan on a one-and-a-half-year contract on 27 January 2014
Entertainment3 days ago
These Are The Richest People In Ghana
PHOTO7 days ago
Sarkodie Buys And Drinks Coconut On The Roadside (PHOTO)
Gossip7 days ago
Ghanaian Female Celebrities Who Are Still Virgins (PHOTOS)
Gossip5 days ago
Checkout photo of Stonebwoy’s beautiful mother in-law that’ll make Shatta jealous
Gossip6 days ago
Beef Alert: Shatta wale Blast Bullet… Says He is a fool
NEWS5 days ago
See Photos: Kennedy Agyapong caught “pants down”