Under-pressure Ghana coach Avram Grant has made an instantaneous clarification that he never issued any apologized to Ghanaians for his comment because to him, the use of that vulgar word was not meant to insult anybody.
The 60-year-old Israeli who has come under intense public outrage following comments he made at a post match presser in Accra says doesn’t need to apologise
The Black Stars coach told Ghanaians to “concentrate on the football and not the ‘bullshit” if the country wants to reach higher heights in football.
“If this nation will concentrate on the football , and just the football because there is a lot of passion, we can reach higher, high level. It is a long term target ,but it’s achievable,” he said at a post match presser.
But his rather erratic comment sparked a barrage of criticisms and tongue-lashing with several people calling for the Ghana FA to take action against the Israeli.
The Ghana FA swiftly spoke to the former Chelsea boss who said he had “withdrawn” the comment , and further explained the reasons why he used it.
It was widely in the media that Grant had issued an apology but Grant, speaking at the University of Ghana Business School on Friday said he “never apologised” for using the word
According to him, he only retracted the word bullshit after his attention was drawn to the fact that Ghanaians had taken offence to the word.
“I didn’t apologise and I don’t need to apologise because I didn’t insult anybody”,
“If you follow all my career I never insult anybody so they took it out of context..it is a word that I didn’t know that here it’s not but I use it, if you see my interviews in sky, if you see I always speak with my children we always say cut the bull***t”
“I don’t know why people took it for negative side”, He concluded.
He continued by praising Ghanaians as being very “kind” and ” welcoming” and will never disrespect them in anyway.
Countryman Songo Resumes Work On Monday, June 18
We reported earlier that per our checks, all is set for the return of Patrick Osei Agyeman better known as Countryman Songo to host Adom TV’s “Fire for Fire” sports show.
Lo and behold, a sub of the Multimedia company, adomonline.com has confirmed our earlier reportage. Now, Countryman Songo will be back on air from Monday, June 18 to provide football fanatics with hot sizzling sports content on Adom TV.
As a reminder, the highly opinionated football presenter was taken off the screens of Adom TV and his show ‘Fire for Fire’ which is arguably the most watched sports show on television after he rained several insults on Kwesi Nyantakyi over mismanagement of Ghana football.
Entertainment3 days ago
Baby Anas Aremeyaw Anas Surfaces & Internet Users Can’t Stop Sharing (+ Photo)
New Music5 days ago
Braa Wajeez – Abe (Prod by VybzNeBeatz)
PHOTO3 days ago
Nadia Buari Looks Soo Young & Beautiful In New Photos
Entertainment3 days ago
Ghanaians Failed To Support Me Like They’re Doing To Patapaa – Atom Reloaded Worries
Music2 days ago
Billy Wan – Ibe You (Prod By ClerfMusic)
New Music3 days ago
Ayensu Barimah – Bang (Prod by Darlin Beatz)