Connect with us

A magistrate’s court in Accra has issued a bench warrant for the arrest of controversial boxer, Braimah Kamoko, alias Bukom Banku for his refusal to appear before it to answer charges of assault against him.

The accused, who was not represented by counsel when the case was called on March 23, 2016, also did not provide any reasonable excuse for his absence.
Nana Densu Dodoo and Eunice Lamptey, the victims of the alleged assault were also not present at court when the case was called.
It would be recalled that Bukom Banku, on October 1, 2015 allegedly used a cutlass to assault one Michael Abbey; a resident of Akoto Lantey in Accra, but he never stepped in court.

A bench warrant was issued for his arrest but he failed to appear before the court throughout the hearing.
The case is still pending awaiting advice from the AG’s office.
Presenting the facts of the latest case, the prosecutor, Sergeant Lois Konadu, told the court presided over by Mr James Bota that the victims, Nana and Eunice, an unemployed and a trader, respectively, resided at Bukom, while Bukom Banku also lived in the same vicinity.

He said at 4.30 p.m on March 9, 2016, Nana and Eunice, together with some siblings, were sitting in front of their house chatting when Bukom Banku and his girlfriend came and stood opposite them in a romantic mood.
Sergeant Konadu said without provocation, Bukom Banku started insulting Nana, saying that his girlfriend had nicer breasts than hers.
According to the prosecutor, no one uttered a word until Bukom Banku insulted Nana’s mother who was not even on the scene.
He said Nana then told Bukom Banku not to insult her mother, but he became annoyed and assaulted her. Eunice who attempted to rescue Nana was also assaulted.
The two sustained various degrees of injuries and reported the matter to the James Town Police where they were issued with medical forms to go to the hospital for treatment.

On March 11, 2016 Nana and Eunice petitioned the Regional Police Commander in Accra to intervene and Bukom Banku was apprehended on March 15, 2016.

Source :


Derrick Asare is an Editor for Xbitgh. He love Music, going to the movies, making friends, web designer, computer science major.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply


BREAKING NEWS: BoG takes over Unibank



The Bank of Ghana has announced it has taken over the management of private bank, Unibank.

The Governor of the central bank explained at a press conference, the takeover is due to challenges facing the bank. He mentioned weak supervisory standards and weak operations as the cause of the challenges.

Ernest Addison said the bank, adjudged the 6thbest performing company in Ghana at the Ghana Club 100 awards in 2017, provided inaccurate data during the central bank’s effort to resolve the problems last year.

He assured depositors their money is safe, stressing “we are not liquidating the bank, we are saving it.”

The take-over comes weeks after Unibank announced it was taking over adb.
The top management of Unibank are Dr. Kwabena Duffuor II who is Chief Executive Officer, Ekow Nyarko Dadzie-Dennis Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director Owusu-Ansah Awere, Executive Clifford Duke Mettle, Director of Risk Management Kwesi Nkrumah Pimpah.

Photo: CEO Kwabena Duffour II was awarded the most enterprising young executive award in 2017.
The bank’s company secretary is Sylvia Assimeng-Archer, Executive Head of Treasury and Global Trade John Collins Arthur, Executive Head of Corporate Banking Elsie Dansoa Kyereh and Executive Head of Innovations and Business Execution Florence Ohene.

This executive management are expected to give way to new control, KPMG appointed by the central bank.

The bank was founded in 1997 by Kwabena Duffour who later became Finance minister under the Mills administration.
But after 20 years of private management, Kwabena Duffour who is a former Governor of the Bank of Ghana loses control of unibank to his former employers.

Continue Reading

Most Popular