Challenge me if there’s no road construction going on in your district – Amoako-Atta

1 min


0
2.2k shares

Minister for Roads and Highways, Kwesi Amoako-Atta has thrown a challenge to all Ghanaians who feel that the government’s pledge to fix deplorable roads in the country, starting this year, dubbed “The Year of Roads” is not ongoing as promised to face him with evidence.

“I can say without the slightest fear of contradiction and I stand to be challenged by anybody to provide empirical evidence and to provide prima facie evidence that in all the 260 districts in Ghana, road construction is going on everywhere in this country”, he stressed.

According to him, there is a widespread construction of roads in all the 260 districts in Ghana and that anybody who thinks the contrary must come and challenge him.

“You are all witnesses to the ongoing road construction projects in Kumasi and the whole of the Ashanti region and I stand here to tell you with all confidence as the sector minister for His Excellency the president, that what you are seeing in Kumasi and the Ashanti region, the same is happening in all the 16 regions of our country”, he said on Thursday.

Speaking in Kumasi at a ceremony to cut sod for the construction of Kokoso-Asubonteng Town Roads in the Bantama Constituency, the Atewa West Member of Parliament said the Akufo-Addo government in the year 2017 when it came into office, inherited a very poor road network and has since been working hard to get them fixed.

“As at January 2017, only 23% of the country’s total road network of 80,000 km had ever been tarred; the remaining 77% were in either gravel or earth state. All the roads in Ghana were in shambles and it was not surprising that everywhere the president went as a candidate in 2016, the chiefs and people were crying for roads”, he said.

Deputy Chief of Staff and NPP Parliamentary Candidate for the Bantama Constituency, Hon. Francis Asenso Boakye who facilitated the construction of the road said he is happy that, the Kokoso-Asubonteng Road which was a dent in the electoral record of the NPP in Bantama would finally get a major facelift.

Source :

Like it? Share with your friends!

0
2.2k shares

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
137
hate
confused confused
59
confused
fail fail
196
fail
fun fun
177
fun
geeky geeky
157
geeky
love love
98
love
lol lol
118
lol
omg omg
59
omg
win win
196
win
Ernest Connect
Ernest Connect is an ethical Broadcast Journalist, Blogger, Brand Publicist, Social Media Expert and an Internet Marketer. Ernest Connect is a serial investor, and public speaker who loves all virtues and hate all vices. I’m so excited you have taken a few minutes out of your day to drop by. Please don’t forget to say hi (ernestconnect@gmail.com) .NOTE: I love the online hustle!

Comments

comments

Message us
How may I help you?
Nana Yaw Asare (CEO)WhatsApp
Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format