Born on the 3rd of September 1976 in Ashtown a Suburb of Kumasi, Sammy Tuga as he is affectionately called rose from the slams to become a household name in Ghana in the 90’s and arguably Ghana’s best ever defender.
Currently a pundit on Super Sports in South Africa, Sammy Tuga started his playing career with Kumasi based Fantomas before moving to King faisal and was part of the team that won Ghana’s first Gold at the Under 17 in Italy 91.
All was not rossy from the beginning for the now fashionable Ex Bayern Munich star, as it is rumoured his mum had to sell their only Television set to buy him his first boots. a decision that angered Kufuor’s sisters.
Kuffuor left for Europe at the age of 15 to play for Torino and later for Bayern Munich where he spent over 10 years winning several trophies including the coveted Champions league.
Life after football has been interesting for the powerful defender, as any appearance he makes leaves his fans and people who watch him in awe.
His taste for fashion style is something worth applauding and even if his english always seem let him down, you can trust his outfit to make up for it.
Check out the photos below:
10 times Micheal Essien made the headlines for the right reasons
Ghanaian midfielder Micheal Essien is one of the most famous footballers to ever come from the African continent.
Essien has been a journeyman in football and his name will go down as one of the finest midfielders to play the game.
The midfielder who last played for Indonesian side Persib Bandung has made global news for both wrong and right reasons in the past.
Seems his good side overrides any bad side of his illustrious career as he is one of the most decorated African Footballers.
Here are 10 times Micheal Essien made global headlines for the right reasons
1. Essien signs for Chelsea
Essien signed for English Premier League side Chelsea for a £24.4 million transfer fee and, at the time of his signing, was the most expensive African footballer in history.
2. Essien wins Chelsea Goal of the Season award
He won the Chelsea Goal of the Season award in the 2006–07 season after scoring a stunning late equaliser at home against Arsenal on 10 December 2006 in a Premier League game.
Essien is BBC African Best player of 2006
He won the 2006 BBC African footballer of the year award.
Essien excels in 2006 World Cup
- He played superbly for the Black Stars and helped Ghana become the only African team to reach the second round of the 2006 World Cup.
Essien nominated 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year
- On 10 October 2007, Essien was nominated for the prestigious 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year Award for the third consecutive year and on 21 October 2007, he was also nominated for the 2007 Ballon d’Or Award for the third consecutive year.
He was voted 15th Best Player in the World at the 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year Awards.
Essien is Chelsea Fans’ best player for 2007
- On 15 May 2007, Chelsea fans voted Essien as Chelsea Player of the Year for his contributions in the 2006–07 season, becoming the first African to receive the honour.
Essien is nominated for 2007 CAF best player
- On 12 December 2007, he was nominated for the 2007 African Footballer of the Year, the third consecutive time he had been nominated. He was runner-up to that year’s winner, Frédéric Kanouté.
Essien scores stunning goal against Barcelona
- On 6 May 2009, Essien scored a stunning left-footed volley in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against Barcelona, a tie that Chelsea ultimately lost due to the away goal rule.
The goal was later voted as Chelsea’s Goal of the Season by the club’s fans.
Essien joins Real Madrid
- On 31 August 2012, Essien signed a season-long loan deal with Real Madrid, reuniting him with his former manager at Chelsea, José Mourinho.
At his introductory press conference with Real Madrid, Mourinho affectionally referred to Essien as “his son” while Essien referred to Mourinho as his “Daddy”.
Essien moves to Milan
- Essien signed for Italian club Milan on a one-and-a-half-year contract on 27 January 2014
Gossip7 days ago
PHOTO: Kuami Eugene Shows Off His Big ‘BANANA’ And It’s Causing “Confusion”
Entertainment3 days ago
These Are The Richest People In Ghana
PHOTO6 days ago
The Shock on Sarkodie & Kwaw Kese’s Face when The visited Kwame Despite’s mansion in Kumasi
Gossip6 days ago
Exposed! Shatta Wale Lied About the New Zylofon Mansion – See Prove
Gossip6 days ago
Shatta Wale is One!! Ghanaian musicians are ‘Hypocrites’ – Bullet
PHOTO6 days ago
Sarkodie Buys And Drinks Coconut On The Roadside (PHOTO)